The Big Moma Frost
The world’s biggest frost on the river Moma in the Sakha Republic, (Yakutya, Russia)
Departures: July – September 2021
TOTAL DISTANCE: 2950 KM
- camp shoes
- softshell jacket (softshell)
- wading boots, rubber or pvc or eva
- thin thermal underwear (for multi-day trips, at least two sets)
- thin socks (for multi-day hikes, at least 3-4 pairs)
- gloves waterproof
- trekking sneakers
- storm trousers with membrane
- fleece jacket
- camp gloves (for household work)
- thin socks for trekking (for multi-day hikes, at least 3-4 pairs)
- softshell trousers (softshell)
- warm socks for trekking (for multi-day hikes, at least 2-3 pairs)
- sports hat fleece or knitted
- socks waterproof
- warm thermal underwear (for multi-day trips, at least two sets)
- splashproof suit
- trekking boots
- trekking gloves
- trekking trousers
- storm jacket with membrane
- warm socks (for multi-day hikes, at least 2-3 pairs)
- spare accumulators, batteries
- plastic bags for small waste
- individual first aid kit
- dense polyethylene bags up to 240 liters for transportation of backpacks
- backpack 70-80 liters
- fishing equipment (spinning rod, float rod, fly rod)
- hygienic lipstick
- light compact KLMN (mug, spoon, bowl, knife)
- charger (Power Bank)
- soft, lightweight sealed bags for clothes and equipment
hermetic bag 20-40 liters for personal belongings during the rafting
Transfer from Yakutsk along the Kolyma highway to the Andygachan river mouth, 1100 km.
On the way, there are two ferry crossings across the Lena and Aldan rivers.
Distance: 260 km, ride with with Kamaz truck.
This part of the way runs through the Chersky mountain system. On the road you can meet local Yakut-Taiga inhabitants and their reindeer camps
On the way, fishing on rivers. The pits of the river are inhabited by pikes, the size of which reaches more than a meter. The river valley is located between two ridges: Chersky and Momsky, the white peaks of which merge with the sky.
In the evening, arrival at the base camp site near the mouth of the Balagannakh river. This place is located above Ulakhan Taryn from where opens an excellent view of the entire ice.
DAY 5 - 6
DAY 7 - 9
The path follows a trail through woodland and mari with swampy areas.
Camp under the volcano.
*Climbing the volcano is not difficult.
**Photographers can plan their schedule covering the evening and morning hours above the volcano.
* Additional services these days: You can rent horses. The rental price per day is 5.000 rubles.
Possible stops and fishing
campfire accessories, tents, sleeping bags, rugs, awnings, ropes, satellite phone
- English speaking guide
- Meals regarding the program
- Entry fee regarding the program
- All excursions
- All transfers
Price and policies
3.190 EUR / Person (min. 2 Persons)
Price includes transfers, accommodations, all entry fees, assistance during the whole trip.